"CILTs was an incredible opportunity to stretch myself to the limit. It inspired creative thinking and self innovation while teaching me to work as a leader with people I will never forget. The friends I made in CILTs are my best friends today. There is no other program where 40 kids grow so much in only two weeks. Team CILT has made such an impact on my life that I will forever cherish that last summer as a camper." - Session 3 CILT 2010 Camper
Campers In Leadership Training (CILTS) is an intensive 2 week leadership program for teens who have completed their sophomore or junior year of high school. The CILT experience is a transition year from camper to (hopefully) counselor. Many Day Camp and Resident counselors were once CILTs.
There are 40 campers in each CILT session. Girls live in the Longhouse while the CILT boys call the Yurt their home. Mornings are spent together doing team-building activities, having camp adventures, and growing closer as a group. Afternoons are spent "adopting" a cabin group of campers each week. They shadow the counselors during activity times to learn from them and from younger campers.
"I thought it was going to be just another year at camp, but CILTs was so much different. I can honestly say it changed my life and helped me become the person I want to be. It was the best two weeks of my life." - Session 1 CILT 2010 Camper
Top 10 Things CILTs Can Look Forward To:
- A two-week experience with one incredible group of people
- Extended float trip on the Tippecanoe River
- A day spent shadowing Day Camp
- Building friendships with CILTs, counselors, and "adopted" campers
- Team-building activities at The Leadership Center
- A chance to lead chapel as a CILT session
- A camper-created original CILT cheer and song
- Two weeks of devotions and chapels that will help CILTs grow spiritually
- An opportunity to be in charge of leading a devotion and activity
- Surprises and adventures totally unique to the CILT program
"CILTs is the reason I can see God's love. All of these amazing leaders are brought together by our faith. My time at camp last summer is still impacting my life today." - Session 2 CILT 2010 Camper