What to Expect on Check In Day
Prepare your camper for a great first day.
We’re excited to welcome you to Camp Tecumseh! Here’s what to expect on your first day of camp.
Check in for Overnight Camp and Equestrian Camp
You may check in any time between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please don’t arrive earlier, as our staff will still be busy preparing for campers to arrive.
When you arrive, look for signs marked “Check In.” For a smooth check-in experience, please follow these steps:
- Park in the designated area, but do not unload your camper’s gear.
- Proceed to the table outside the Creative Arts Center (CAC), where our staff will perform a brief health assessment.
- Have your camper make a name badge with his/her preferred first name.
- Pick a spot in any of the six Camper Check-In lines. In addition, one parent from your party may visit these lines at the same time:
- Trading Post & Fees – If you have not yet set up your camper’s Trading Post account to charge to your credit card at the end of their stay, or you wish to adjust their Trading Post balance.
- Nurse – If you have not yet submitted your camper’s Health Form or if you brought any medications for your camper (including over-the-counter medications and vitamins), they must be turned in to the nurses.
- Drive your camper to his/her cabin where the counselors will greet you. Please let the counselors know who will be picking up your camper at the end of his/her stay. As a standard health procedure, each counselor has been trained by our nurse to check each camper for head lice when you arrive at your cabin. We appreciate your understanding of this preventive measure.
Check in for Day Camp
Drop off for day camp is from 9:30 to 9:50 a.m. To avoid any delays with check-in, be sure to send your child’s Health Form and Confidential Forms 15 days prior to the start of your camp session. Here’s what to expect on the first day of camp.
When you get here, continue on Tecumseh Bend Rd until you get to the large “Day Camp” signs. You will be asked to fill out a transportation form stating who is to pick up your child each day. Our counselors will ask for any pertinent information, explain the week’s schedule and answer any questions you might have. After your child is with his/her counselor you are all set.
If your child is taking the bus, refer to the Day Camp Busing page for pick up and drop off details.
Check in for Adventure Trips
Campers taking a trip check in and out of camp at the Lake Village in Kampen Lodge’s Two Sisters Library. After arriving at Camp Tecumseh, your child will be introduced to the trip counselors and other campers going on the trip. Typically, all trips leave the next morning by riding in camp’s comfortable, wide-body shuttle. Trippers return to camp on Friday evening before dinner. They will then enjoy closing campfire along with all the rest of campers and are picked up by parents on Saturday morning between 9:30 and 11 a.m. (Eastern).