Torchbearer Family Days
Honoring our 2020 Torchbearers
After a summer without camp, we want to spend time with you. We are hosting three Torchbearer Family Days to honor those who would have experienced their last summer at camp in 2020.
September 27 (For those who were registered for weeks 1-3)
October 4 (For those who were registered for weeks 4-6)
October 25 (For those who were registered for weeks 7-9)
* In case of rain or inclement weather, we will offer alternative dates if we have to reschedule*
WHAT TO EXPECT
We want this to be an opportunity for Torchbearers and their families to come back to camp and experience the memories and impact this place has had on their lives. We recognize that it was disappointing to not be able to gather for Summer 2020 and hope this is a time to come back and get that taste of camp.
This schedule is designed to be open and flexible. We will have program areas open and activities available, but we want you to be able to explore at your own pace. Feel free to hike the trails or go to a favorite spot at camp, visit your favorite cabin, or just lay in main field.
We are asking that Torchbearers come with an adult chaperone and will be asked to stay with their chaperone throughout the day. We want this to be a family experience where you can share in those memories together.
Masks will be required in certain program areas where social distancing is not possible, as well as during the campfire program. All the meals and activities will take place outside, and we will reschedule the event in case of inclement weather.
WHO CAN ATTEND
- Any camper who was registered for summer 2020 and not eligible to return as a traditional camper.
- You are still eligible to register for overnight camp if you are 15 at the start of your session.
- As of 9/14, we have opened this event up to individuals that were on the waitlist for 2020.
- We are limiting it to 1 torchbearer and 1 adult per registration to help maintain social distancing and to accommodate as many torchbearers as possible.
- If you have younger siblings that you are unable to find childcare, they are welcome to attend but must stay with your group. To register a sibling please call the main office (765-564-2898) during our regular office hours (8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday).
- $50 for Torchbearer and 1 chaperoning adult
- $15 for additional siblings – please call our main office to add a sibling to your registration.
- No charge for kids under 3
- T-shirt for Torchbearer (if registered by September 15)
- Campfire/Torchbearer Ceremony
- All available program areas/activities
WHAT TO BRING
- Face mask (will be required in certain areas and during campfire program)
- Sack lunch
- Closed-toed shoes for program areas
- We will be outside, dress appropriately for the weather
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
12:00: Check in/Lunch
- Bring your own sack lunch and eat picnic style around camp
1:00: Chapel @ River Village Chapel
1:30 – 4:30: Program areas open around camp
- Hike/explore all the trails of camp
- Climbing tower
- Mini Farm
- Nature Center
- And more!
4:30: Torchbearer Picture @ Lake Village Chapel
5:00: Cookout Dinner @ Scheumann Lodge
- LV Trading Post will be open
6:00: Horse Parade
- Departing Scheumann Lodge parking lot
6:15 – 7:30: Closing campfire/ceremony
Sign up for an experience that will last a lifetime.
Registration begins September 8, at 8 AM. You must be registered by September 15 to guarantee a t-shirt with your order.
It’s easy to register online – and we use secure encryption to keep your personal and financial information private.
Registration or account login for families with current or past overnight, equestrian, or day campers.
Registration for families who have never attended Camp Tecumseh
Here’s a step-by-step guide to registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to attend the date that I am assigned to?
No. We are suggesting which date to sign up for as that is when campers from similar weeks will be attending. If that assigned date does not work for your schedule, feel free to register for one of the other options.
I have already registered but need to change the date, how do I do that?
We can accommodate date changes assuming there are still openings. Please call the main office (765-564-2898) or email our registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can switch that up for you.
Can I bring a sibling?
Siblings are welcome if you are unable to find childcare. They must stay with the chaperone and no additional childcare will be provided at camp. We are working to limit the number of additional people that come so we are able to accommodate as many torchbearers as possible.
To register a sibling please call the main office (765-564-2898) during our regular office hours (8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Thursday).
What if I have a dietary restriction?
You can submit any dietary needs through our online form.
Will the Trading Post be open?
Yes, the trading post will be open. You save time and order ahead of time through our online store here. Items can be ready for pick-up on the day you are visiting us!
Why does my Torchbearer need to come with an adult chaperone?
Due to the continued restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working to keep individuals in their family groups while on property. Supervision will be the responsibility of the adult chaperone while on site.
Can one adult chaperone bring multiple Torchbearers?
If you have a group of campers that want to come together with one chaperone, that is acceptable. We are going to ask that there are no more than 4 campers for every 1 adult, and that group must stay together the entire time while on camp property. The price is still $50/torchbearer.
I have to cancel my registration, can I get a refund?
Unfortunately we are not able to issue refunds for registrations.
Will the adults be participating in the campfire experience?
Absolutely. We want this to be a family experience. This is a unique opportunity for adults to get a glimpse of what makes Tecumseh special during the summer, so get your singing voice ready!
I registered after the deadline (September 15), will my Torchbearer still get a t-shirt?
We will have a limited supply of t-shirts available for sale at the trading post the day of the event. We cannot guarantee the availability of shirts or sizes as those are all pre-ordered for the event.
Can I register my camper for more than 1 event?
No. In order to accommodate as many individual campers as possible, we are limiting Torchbearers to attending only 1 day.